v3.5.0 - September 27, 2017
eXist-db v3.5.0 has just been released. This is a minor release, which contains several new features and bug fixes.
- Improvements to Core Level 1 DOM compliance.
- Implemented missing functions
- Regular Expressions are now Cached (e.g.
- Updated the EXPath HTTP Client:
- Added support for non-chunked HTTP 1.1.
- Pools connections to improve performance.
- Added support for SNI (Server Name Identification).
- Fixed DOM issues with namespace URI handling.
- Upgraded to Jetty 9.4.6.v20170531.
- Upgraded to Apache Tika 1.16.
- Upgraded to Apache FOP 2.2 and improve FO processor logging.
- Upgraded various dependencies to the latest versions (Caffeine, Apache Commons, j8fu, Jackson, Jing, Log4J, Quartz Scheduler, and Slf4j).
- The data directories and memory settings can now be templated via
The bundled applications of the Demo Apps, Documentation, eXide, Function Docs, and Monex have all been updated to the latest versions.
- Mixed-Content is now correctly serialized to JSON rather than skipped.
- Fixed a NullPointerException when updating an attribute on an element in the non-default namespace which had a Lucene index defined.
- Arrow operator now works correctly again in user defined functions.
- Fixed selection of Processing Instructions by target.
- Fixed a locking issue when writing temporary documents.
- Fixed a Transaction Closed log warning in the XML:DB API.
- Extensions are now also signed as part of the installer.
- Fixed an issue with quoted paths and white-space in Windows batch files.
Node#hasChildNodes no longer includes attributes.
- Fixed parameter handling bugs in the functions
- Fixed the handling of
x regex flags for
- Fixed the
fn:namespace-uri#0 functions to correctly work with the context item.
- The embedded Jetty server now uses the JVM's temporary folder for temporary files.
- Fixed compatibility with Eclipse IDE project files.
- Corrected the description of the
- eXist-db v3.5.0 is backwards binary-compatible as far as v3.0, but not with earlier versions. Users upgrading from previous versions should perform a full backup and restore to migrate their data.
Downloading This Version
eXist-db v3.5.0 is available for download from Bintray. Maven artifacts for eXist-db v3.5.0 are available from our mvn-repo. Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may acquire eXist 3.5.0 directly from there.